Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Introducing the flavors of Private Selection™ Dry Rubs to Private Selection Angus Patties enhances the flavors of the meat, elevating everyday burgers and allowing for a wide range of flavor variations.
8 Private Selection Angus patties
8 slices Private Selection Provolone (about 8 oz.)
8 Private Selection (potato-bread) Hamburger Buns
8 slices red onion
8 slices tomato
Private Selection Texas BBQ Rub
- Prepare barbecue grill (medium-high heat). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Private Selection Texas BBQ Rub on top side of each burger.
- Place burgers, rub-side down, on grill rack. Grill until slightly charred, about 4 minutes; turn and cook the other side until the beef reaches a safe internal temperature of 165º F.
- Top each with 1 cheese slice. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute longer.
- Place burgers atop bottom halves of buns. Garnish with onion slices and tomato slices. Spoon on a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Cover with bun tops and serve.
Tip: Create a burger bar for guests by arranging tomato, onion, cheese and lettuce slices together, with the cheese on the bottom so it melts when placed on grill-cooked burgers. Offer a variety of sliced Private Selection Pickles, Jalapenos, Mustards and BBQ Sauces, and additional cheese and bun varieties. In addition, red onion slices can be lightly brushed in Private Selection Olive Oil and grilled. Guests will enjoy creating their own specialized burger, and food can be arranged to encourage people to try new flavors and combinations.
Additionally, Private Selection Dry Rubs can be used to flavor a meatloaf, creating a savory crust.