|Don't PUSH ME because I will PUSH back!|
I do think that there are people who are trying to start their own business who DO need the push and inspiration and follow-up and that place is definitely a life coach or motivational speaker. But not for me.
Sure, I sell Scentsy! I am presently being taught by my peers and my Director and groups that help you online. I even found online videos on Youtube that help you. I can sell and learn more about the products part-time and keep my family first and keep my first focus on succeeding in being a wife and a step mother. I don't push my friends to buy from me... they will push back and say that they don't have any money but thank you for the freebies. "They smell great but I just can't do this now because..." And they are right to have their answer and I don't have the right to try to push anything on them.
I'm a believer (God comes first in everything) and I am a wife second (my husband comes before anyone else) and I am a step mom (those young men mean the world to me) and in within these great calls to life I work with my husband (he is retired and we make it from pay check to pay check) Oh! I'm a DOG MOM and that comes along with my step sons. I don't have to financially support my step sons but I do have to support my dog. And so that is what Scentsy is for. Having the money in savings for her in case she needs anything. She is 11 years old and thriving!
There are many roads I have open to me and when the TIME IS RIGHT I will be making moves in the direction that the Lord and John (my husband) tell me to go. And in that decision process will always be my physical condition and working with what I can do and not be able to do (due to stress).
There are life coaches that I totally love that I've met through UBC with the 31 day challenge of writing everyday in your blog. They are the ones that speak the truth from their heart and are totally REAL with you. Others, they get you with something FREE and then try to sell you their program, classes and books at an outrageous price for the middle to low earning people.
When someone doesn't think through the process when not reading the words of the coach or motivational speaker they go to their last resources for money: family or savings or even 401K's and then they feel guilt later on, especially if they don't make money the first year (or even first month).
This is a plea to my friends who are or are not mom's to think through the decision of whether to go through with the life coach or motivational speaker or even tv personalities that tell you that they had hardships, etc... Talk to your parents, your significant other, your grown adult children. Make a time table for the days of the week and write in all you have to do and then plan the time for the class, course or book. Then after it is over do the same process and pray (if you believe) or meditate. Whatever you believe in. And don't start if you have the least bit of hesitation.
My sister and her husband work really hard at their jobs and she realized that she only had time to sell Mary Kay part-time. She sells to her friends and online clients and family. I hope I can get some freebies from her now that I quit Avon and just stick with my Scentsy.
The following is my opinion about these 44 success quotes and most of them I agree with. The ones that are in bold and hi-lighted are the ones that I don't agree with.
44 Success Quotes From Under30CEO Readers1. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” via Chris Grosser
2. “Don’t complain; just work harder.” via Chris Grosser
3. “Deeds not Words” via Bernord Hor
4. “Before you can work smart you must work hard.” via Chris Pardo
5. “Persevere…because on the road to success there is never a crowd on the extra mile!” via Charity Gibson
6. “I’m not afraid of dying, I’m afraid of not trying.” – Jay Z via Steven Gordon
7. “Coffee is for CLOSERS!” via Michael Wayne
8. “It’s not the cards you’re dealt it’s how you play the game” via Chris Pardo
9. “If you think you made it, you're at the wrong place, never stop” via Chris Pardo
10. “Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them” via Danielle Luedtke
11. “The grass is greener where you water it” via Danielle Luedtke
12. “If you are going to fear anything fear success. Think about what you are doing and when you succeed what life you will have” via Brandon Chalmers
13. “God gives every bird his worm but He does not throw it into the nest” via Liam Carey
14. “If it is to be, it’s up to me” via Caleb Anthony Parker
15. “Life doesn’t have to suck…DO something about it!” via Jennie Mustafa-Julock
16. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…. One step at a time.” via Rande Wilson
17. “The only time success occurs before work is in the dictionary.” via Cameron Cashmore
18. “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt via Mike Jones
19. “Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence.” – Lisa M. Amos via Tanya Hamilton
20. “The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” via Ashwin Bonde
21. “Anything less than 120 hours a week is part time, if you are okay with average…then work part time” via Chase Slepak
22. “Nothing is as it appears to be” via Trace Cohen
23. “Success is the worst teacher” via Trace Cohen
24. “If you want to manage somebody, manage yourself. Do that well and you’ll be ready to stop managing. And start leading.” via Mark Gonzales
25. “We are all self made but only the successful admit it” via Corey Leja
26. “If you don’t take a chance, you don’t stand a chance.” via Gabriella Mischel
27. “A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw
28. “Luck is where preparation meets opportunity” via Eric Knotts
29. “Things come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle” – Abraham Lincoln via Tina MiModels
30. “If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do” – unknown via Tina MiModels
31. “Fall down seven times, get up eight times” – Japanese proverb via Tina MiModels
32. “Success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose” – Bill Gates via Ryan Seitz
33. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible” via Victor Aguirre
34. “Entrepreneurs don’t waste time/energy worrying about being better than someone else. Focus on being the very best version of YOU.” via Abdulaziz Aljouf
35. “Whoever says ‘Nothing is Impossible’ has obviously never tried stapling Jell-o to a tree” via Charity Gibson
36. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin via Ann McCartan
37. “Life isnt about learning how to weather the storm. its about learning how to dance in the rain.” via Monica Fish
38. “There are two rules to success: 1) Never tell everything you know.” via Nick Tart
39. “Create your own destiny. If you don’t, someone else will.” via Chris Leber
40. “Success is not so much what we have, as it is what we are.” – Jim Rohn via Nicole Elizabeth Shields
41. “Success is being able to juggle those Glass Balls called Priorities and keeping them shiny & intact while running the Marathon of Life.” via Jouyin Teoh
42. “Learning from success is important but learning from failure is vital to succeeding” via Jason Platnick
43 “True nobility is not about being better than anyone else its about being better than you used to be.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer via Jason Platnick
44. “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford via Brett Kunsch
These are what I live by:
The above 20 permission statements came from my fibromyalgia group (a disease that I've had for 18 years now). I'm being treated and attend therapy sessions. This is my disability and it has its painful and life altering effects on me and millions of others. You can read about it here if you have never read about it before now. http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/whatisfibromyalgia/a/understandfibro.htm
I would love to read comments of opinion and sharing if you are a chronic pain sufferer like me. Also feel free to disagree with anything that I've written here and write your own opinion, thanks!
I've missed days due to pain and staying in bed on heat and also walking it out. I live at the beach so the best part of the day is walking in the early morning with my husband and dog. There are lots of blog entries about Sandie and my husband and what we do at the beach if you use the SEARCH section on the left-hand side bar. Have a great weekend!