These are fantastic and I can tell you that once you've made them, you will be hooked!
Lay out all the ingredients that you will need ahead of time. My picture shows the bottom of the tins lined with the first wonton circle wrapper.
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or turkey (we prefer the turkey, less oil)
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese
- (optional) dried parsley
|First layer of wonton wrappers, cheeses, meat and marinara sauce.|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown beef or turkey and season with salt-free seasoning.
3. The above is a picture of John (my husband) doing the next step: Cut wonton wrappers (about 36 of them for a 12-section cupcake tin) into circle shapes using a biscuit cutter (recommended) or the top of a plastic drinking glass. John used the top of a plastic drinking glass and that worked well too.
4. Reserve 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 6 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. Use 1-2 tsp. or less of all of the ingredients depending on your personal preference.
5. Repeat layers ending with marinara sauce. Top with one final wonton wrapper and the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. This is better than ending with sauce on the top which will splatter all over the oven and cupcake tin.
6. Top with dried parsley. The picture below shows what your cupcakes should look like when they are ready to go into the oven.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cook for 5 minutes. To remove use a (plastic) knife to loosen the edges and then a large spoon to pop each lasagna out.