Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day May, 2012

Mother's Day is all about my wonderful Mother IN Law (my best friend for 18 years now and Mom) Shirley Mullin.  She's now  89 years young and living in the nursing home here in town because she is on Hospice (she survived cancer surgery for her colon).  We are so fortunate to have her right here and town and can see her as often as we want.  And she loves it!  This is a picture blog of our day with her on Mother's Day, 2012.


Shirley with a beautiful new blouse I bought her for Mother's Day!  She needs new clothes for the different seasons still.  

Shirley with another beautiful blouse I bought her for Mother's Day.  She is the best dressed woman in the nursing home!!

Shirley wearing the third and final blouse I bought for her for Mother's Day and she looks sooo good!!

Shirley with one of the cupcakes that John and I made for her for Mother's Day!  She really loved them!!

Shirley and her Mother's Day feast at the nursing home!

Shirley with the picture of her son, John, in the hanger at the Commemorative Air Force where John volunteers!   She has this picture next to her bed.  Awwww!!!

8 comments:

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

Happy Mother's Day Again! I hope she is enjoying herself in the nursing home. We just put my husband's grandmother in assisted living and it certainly takes a lot of adjusting.

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

Where does your mother live on the East Coast? I am sorry your mother in law is on hospice. It must be really hard but she looks really good. I hope you get to see your mother soon. 15 years is a long time!!!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Precious moments indeed!! Thanks for sharing! Love the blouses and yummy cupcakes

Diane said...

Im glad that if you can't have your own mother nearby you can have your Mother in law right near you. It looks like she loves her new shirts and the picture of John!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

I think it is a blessed thing you and John are doing caring for his mom. She really looks like she had a happy Mother's Day, thanks to you two!

Now, 15 years is much too long not to see your mom. You simply must find a way to get away to visit her if even for just a day or two.

My mom has been gone since 1975. I would give anything for a visit with her, but sadly, that is not possible.

Blessings and a bit o' sunshine, Carolyn.

Debi@The Spring Mount 6 Pack said...

It is nice to be close to your MIL. And I am sure it is hard to be away from your mother. But being close to here bu phone is way more than many people who are in the same town as their mothers.

I hope that you are able to see your Mother soon. I hope she is able to come out to see you, since traveling for you, just instant an option.

MaureenT said...

You are dealing with a lot, am so sorry. Your MIL looks great and a blessing.
I hope they find a cure for Fibro...along with Alzheimers and what my Hubby is dying with right now Parkinsons.
I'll add you to my prayers...your Mom is missing so very much and making bad choices, ones she will never be able to change!
God Bless

Hobbies on a Budget said...

What a great thing the telephone is :-) Love the way you are building memories with your MIL and your mom. Precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...