(ingredients for the omelette)
Last night we had a homemade Boboli Pizza again and John made it so it was a little different than the one we made together and quite good so I chose to use the leftovers and add a little twist to the omelette today. I have osteoporosis so I am always looking for ways to get more calcium into my diet. So today we have fat-free yogurt!
1/2 cup egg beaters
10 button mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbl. sliced black olives
2 tbl. parmesan cheese
1 piece of ham steak fat free
2 tbl organic low-fat milk
1 tlb. fat-free yogurt
All ingredients in the bowl ready to mix now and pour into non-stick prepared frying pan.
Slice two pieces of homemade onion cheese bread. Recipe for bread given below this omelette section.
Add some Oxnard, Calif. (our home!) grown strawberries to the platter and you have breakfast for TWO!
John (my husband) and his homemade (bread maker) Onion Cheese Bread recipe:
3/4 cup water (80 degrees F - 90 degrees F)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 tbl. unsalted butter or margarine cut in pieces
2 tbl. sugar
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 tbl. minced onion
1 tbl. chopped parsley
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1 3/4 tsp. bread machine yeast
1. Measure ingredients into bread pan in the order listed.
2. Insert bread pan securely into baking chamber; close lid. Plug unit into wall.
3. Select WHITE. Choose load size (we made a 2-lb loaf) and desired crust color. Press the START button.
4. The complete signal will sound when bread is done.
5. Using pot holders remove bread pan from baking chamber and carefully remove bread from pan.
6. Allow bread to cool on wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes).
MAKES 1 LOAF
(the above directions came from p.14 of our BREADMAN bread making book.)