Saturday, October 29, 2011

WEEK ONE: Day 6..... Variety Day!

Hi Ladies,
Saturday is going to be a Variety Day.   I'm going to share various items I have read on my own time during the week that have inspired me in some way and share them with you.   I hope that you'll use the COMMENT area to share your inspirations, prayer requests, question, ideas, praise, poems, anything that's on your heart.

I start today with a RECIPE!  If you read my blog, you'll notice a number of recipes.   I love to cook, I love to get recipes and share recipes.  Maybe you want to share a recipe!


RECIPE FOR A MIRACLE

1 cup Tension

2 cups Stress

1 teaspoon of Guilt

2 heaping cups of Limited Time

3/4 tablespoon of Urgency

A dash of "No Other Choice"

3 heaping cups of Faith

Fold ingredients gently into a bowl. Mix vigorously and add a few tears. You'll sweat a little as you knead the dough.

Pack it firmly between your hopes and dreams and form into a perfect little ball.

Sprinkle it with a little faith (I recommend Hebrews 11), rolling the ball in the flour until fully covered.

Place it under a veil of belief and allow it to rise.

Put it in an oven that has been pre-set at the perfect temperature for the heat of trials and tribulations.

Allow it to brown under the warmth of God's love. Remove after due season and allow to cool in the confidence of His promise.

Garnish with your praises. Arrange neatly on a platter of thankfulness and serve to friends, families and, oh yes, strangers . . . invite them too!

Pass on the recipe to all who request it and let them know that with this recipe, they have the makings of a miracle!
 
 This was shared with me through a group on Facebook called Positive Inspirational Quotes (PIQ) and you can click on the next picture to get to their page.  
 
 
Do you need a hobby?  This past week I started thinking about the fact that I haven't worked on my hobby in a long time.  I love paper!  Scrapbooking, card making, gift wrap making, creating stationery, and paper is something that can be expensive depending on where you buy it.   But if you look for inexpensive places and recycle your own paper you will find that you can do much with paper!   I'm on a budget.  So I look for special deals for paper in stores, online, and around my own home.   This year we're going to do well.   I have a lot of scrapbook paper that I bought at a sale at Michaels that I can use and I also have places to go to for the paper for the wrapping paper.   
My other hobby is cooking!  I've been spending a lot of time cooking and preparing new dishes.  But this year I made my first hand made bread.  Haven't done that since Home Economics in high school!   I enjoyed everything about it except for the kneeding and I left that to my husband!  But this year I've already found a BREAD MAKER that I'm going to buy.  And we will be making breads this year for various people in various places.  One place is the nursing home where my mother-in-law lives.  We're going to make it for the people that take care of her to thank them.  They are the regular nursing home staff and the Hospice care staff.  Yes, my mother-in-law is on Hospice.  She had colon cancer and had a major tumor removed at the age of 86.  She had never been in the hospital for any kind of surgery in her life aside from giving birth to three sons.  
We're going to be making the bread and then wrapping it in homemade wrapping paper!  And we're also going to be making some for the neighbors.  My family lives too far away to make it for them and we have other gifts in mind for them.   We may even go ahead and make some homemade butters.   I'm really excited about it!   Maybe you have a hobby that you would like to share?
Well I am going to share with you Hobbies On A Budget and if that is a group on FaceBook that you would be interested in joining, just click on their picture.  
 

"The past cannot be changed.
The future is yet in your power."
- Hugh White
Have a great day!  I may  come back and update this throughout the day!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...