The above picturea are of our ocean. We live at the beach and it's clean and absolutely wonderful here in Oxnard, California. The islands in the background are the Channel Islands and it's wonderful to go on a boat out to the islands and go whale watching. Everything here is just so beautiful!
World Oceans Day is celebrated around the world every June 8th. Join in! Visit http://www.WorldOceansDay.org/to download materials & find events near you! On FaceBook you can join World Oceans Day. See this incredible video that is less than one minute long.
John and I recently took a week long vacation to Long Beach which is south of us and we stayed at a wonderful hotel and visited the amazing Aquarium of the Pacific and am going to share some amazing photos that I took while we were there.
I will be sharing more of our pictures from our vacation on another day. But today we are honoring THE OCEAN! What can you do to be involved?
It’s fun and easy!
Why Should You Celebrate World Oceans Day?
The world’s ocean:
- Generates most of the oxygen we breathe
- Helps feed us
- Regulates our climate
- Cleans the water we drink
- Offers us a pharmacopoeia of potential medicines
- Provides limitless inspiration!
Now we can give back.
Take part in World Oceans Day events and activities this year and help protect our ocean for the future!
It’s up to each one of us to help ensure that our ocean is protected and conserved for future generations. World Oceans Day allows us to:
- Change perspective – encourage individuals to think about what the ocean means to them and what it has to offer all of us with hopes of conserving it for present and the future generations.
- Learn - discover the wealth of diverse and beautiful ocean creatures and habitats, how our daily actions affect them, and how we are all interconnected.
- Change our ways – we are all linked to, and through, the ocean! By taking care of your backyard, you are acting as a caretaker of our ocean. Making small modifications to your everyday habits will greatly benefit our blue planet.
- Celebrate - whether you live inland or on the coast we are all connected to the ocean; take the time to think about how the ocean affects you, and how you affect the ocean, and then organize or participate in activities that celebrate our world ocean.